Beginning Saturday, January 21, southbound Muni 30 Stockton and 45 Union-Stockton routes will travel on Mason and 5th streets to access the Caltrain Depot at 4th and Townsend streets.
With utility relocation continuing on the Central Subway Project in the Union Square area, the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), which operates Muni, will change the route of the southbound 30 Stockton and 45 Union-Stockton to accommodate construction along Stockton and 4th streets.
Routes 8X/8AX/8BX and 91 will temporarily travel their current routes; however, they will also be rerouted at a later date to accommodate additional construction activity.
All northbound service on these Muni routes will remain the same.
30 Stockton and 45 Union-Stockton Reroute:
Starting at the Stockton Tunnel, southbound service to 4th and Townsend streets (Caltrain) will be rerouted west on Sutter Street, south on Mason Street, east on Market Street and south on 5th Street.
Temporary Supplemental “8 Shuttle” Service:
Supplemental bus service in the area will be provided as the “8 Shuttle” running seven days a week from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The shuttle will begin at Kearny and Pacific and proceed west on Broadway, south on Stockton to 4th Street, east on Folsom Street, north on 3rd Street to Kearny Street and terminate on Kearny at Pacific
Muni Service to Major Destinations:
- Union Square: 8 Shuttle, 8X Bayshore Express, 30 Stockton, 45 Union-Stockton
- Yerba Buena Gardens/Moscone Center: 8 Shuttle, 8X Bayshore Express, 12 Folsom-Pacific
- City College Downtown Campus: 8 Shuttle, 8X Bayshore Express
- AT&T Park: 10 Townsend, 30 Stockton, 45 Union-Stockton, Muni Metro N and T rail lines
- Caltrain Station: 10 Townsend, 30 Stockton, 45 Union-Stockton, 47 Van Ness, Muni Metro N and T rail lines